In honor of this month you will find a poem that you like and illustrate it using Inkscape.
1) Spend the first 10-15 minutes of the class period surfing the following poetry sites and reading some of the poems. Try finding a few poems that you like.
- Funny poems written by students:
- Poems by Langston Hughes:
- Top 500 poets:
- Chilrdren's Poetry Archive
2) Select one of the poems that you found. Copy and paste your poem and its author to a new Inkscape document or Word document and save it to your Y drive.
3) Illustrate the poem using Inkscape. Be sure to select a different font and use the tools that we learned about this quarter to illustrate your poem.